July 29, 2021 UPDATE:
This Memorandum (Memo) is written to provide a Summary and Explanation of the practical guidelines that will be used to follow existing and future guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to manage and mitigate potential exposure to the COVID-19 virus and variants at the EnviroWorkshops. The purpose of this Memo is to provide some degree of clarity to attendees for attending the EnviroWorkshops, so they can plan ahead and obtain necessary approvals for attendance.
1. All attendees will be required to acknowledge the following in preparation for an EnviroWorkshop:
- Non-exposure to people with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- If exposed, obtain a Negative COVID-19 Test within three days prior to registering for an EnviroWorkshop
- Or, if exposed, be able to show documentation of vaccination with a vaccine approved by the CDC
- Able to fill out the Questionnaire and answer the items listed above at the time of Conference Registration.
- Reference: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/large-events/considerations-for-events-gatherings.html
2. COVID-19 Identification Nametag for Mutual Respect and Comfort: As part of the EnviroWorkshop Registrations, attendees will be able to identify their level of comfortability to interact with other workshop attendees. The levels of mutual respect and comfort will be identified by color coded nametags that will be provided to conference attendees when they register:
- GREEN: Comfortable interacting with other conference attendees.
- YELLOW: Open to interaction, maintain safe distance and optional use of face masks and other precautions.
- RED: Potential health concern, and/or need to maintain 6-foot social distance at all times.
3. Voluntary Mask Requirements and Encouraging Vaccination for Attendees: Consistent with the CDC guidelines, the EnviroWorkshops is recommending that attendees obtain an approved COVID-19 vaccine for those who are able. As such, masks will be optional for those who have received an approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to attending.
LIMITATIONS: This Summary and Explanation of the COVID-19 Guidelines, dated July 29, 2021, has been prepared based on a review of the most recent guidelines from the CDC. It is provided to assist workshop attendees with preparing for an upcoming EnviroWorkshop, by obtaining vaccination, and/or the necessary COVID-19 tests. Workshop attendees should recognize that the COVID-19 situation is continually evolving and the guidance from infectious disease organizations, State and Federal, should be consulted to make their own informed and common-sense decisions. No certification is intended or implied by the EnviroWorkshop planning team by providing this Summary and Explanation and links to pertinent information. All workshop attendees should continue to consult other safety professionals, infectious disease experts and other respected medical professionals to verify that the items in this Memo are applicable to their personal and site specific conditions.